[GTER] Solicitação de Comentários à Comunidade Técnica da Internet - Programa por uma Internet Segura

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:58:12 -03 2018

> On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 10:36:14PM -0300, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
> > Alguns comentários em caráter pessoal que não refletem a opinião do meu
> > empregador:
> >
> > Ação 3: Será que não vai ser necessário aceitar 23456 caso algum AS
> > path tenha uma combinação de roteadores sem e com suporte a AS 32 bits
> > ? Uma alternativa seria atualizar a documentação de que esse suporte é
> > um requisito tanto para o AS membro quanto para seus downstreams.
> > Ainda na ação 3, talvez colocar um exemplo mostrando que o anúncio
> > será inteiramente rejeitado, e não apenas o AS bogon suprimido. Apesar
> > do texto estar claro, como há equipamentos com essa opção, um exemplo
> > pode ajudar a não permitir dúvida.
>
> A BGP speaker which is capable of AS4, should never see AS 23456 in the
> AS_PATH. Any occurance of AS 23456 visible on a 4-byte ASN capable
> router is either a misconfiguration, or a software defect. We should not
> reward misconfigurations by accepting these announcements.

Imagine the following scenario:
IX RS - AS4 enabled participant - not-AS4 capable downstream - AS4 capable
participant

The AS Path on the IX RS could look like this, if all of them were AS4
capable:

 65000 - 65001 - 65536

But, since 65001 is not AS4 capable, it will send this path upwards:

65000 - 65001 - 23456

Note that IX RS is AS4 capable, and the IX member (65000) is also AS4
capable. But, 65000 has a customer that it's not, and they in turn have a
customer that is an ASN greater than 65535.

So, this scenario requires no misconfigurations, and still present AS_TRANS
(23456) in the path.

> > Ação 4: Talvez incluir as grandes Web-Scale na mesma lista, como o
> Google,
> > Netflix, Facebook, Akamai ?
>
> Route server operators should only include such companies in this filter
> with their explicit permission.

Why would that differ from Tier-1 operators ? I could see a point for doing
the same for the same Tier-1 operators, but not for treating them
differently.

Rubens