[GTER] EoSDH/SONET from NEC in Brazil

Richard Schildberg - GMX richschildberg at gmx.de
Thu Aug 5 05:27:33 -03 2004

Caro Fabio,

Pelo que eu consegui observar nas notícias a Telemar selecionou a Huawei
para tal projeto - veja
http://www.huawei.com/about/News-Events/News-Center/921.shtml - ou cópia
abaixo. Apesar de ser um anel STM-64 a funcao "Ethernet over SDH" está
presente na solucao Huawei. Imagino que a rede "metro-edge" será também
espandida com produtos da Huawei.

Pelo que eu me recordo da antiga "Telesp" a NEC era usada na transmissao
PDH, por isso imaginei que pudesse ser a telefonica. MAs de outro lado
sei que a telefônica (de Espana pelos menos) mantém um relacao estreita
com a Alcatel, que por sua vez eh lider de mercado na área de
transmissao ótica de próxima geracao (next gen SDH/SONET).

Sds,
Richard

Richard Schildberg
Galazar Networks Inc.
www.galazar.com

*Rio de Janeiro, Brasil* -- Huawei Technologies, has signed a contract
with Telemar, the biggest fixed operator in Latin America, to build its
SDH 10G transport backbone, covering most important sites of Telemar in
Rio de Janeiro.

This marks the first time that Huawei's high-end optical products (OptiX
10G) are deployed in Latin America, also the first time for Telemar to
build its SDH 10G network.

Based on the contract, OptiX 10G (Metro 5000) and iManager T2000
management system have been deployed in the first stage of this project,
supporting next-generation-oriented ATM 622M services and IP (FE for LAN
to LAN) services. The 4-fiber STM-64 MSP-Ring consists of 7 sites across
the state. It took only 8 days to implement the equipments covering all
the 7 stations and ensure the services, which also shows the high
efficient engineering ability of Huawei.

As a result of using Huawei's MSTP (multiple service transport
platform), MADM (multiple add and drop multiplexing) and UNMS (unified
network management system) technologies in this project, Capex and Opex
have been cut down significantly. The NMS GR (Geographic Redundancy)
ensures the high reliability of the state backbone network.

According to the latest RHK report, by the end of the third quarter of
2003, Huawei's Optical Networking global market share had already
entered the world top five. The contract win proves once again that
Huawei has become the?state-of-the-art supplier of optical networks in
the world.

*About Telemar*

Telemar is the biggest fixed operator in Latin America with around 18
million fixed lines and 2.0 million GSM customers with revenues by 3.2
billion reais in the first quarter of 2003.
For more information, please visit Telemar website http://www.telemar.com.br