[GTER] Bind, era Re: Re: Luta contra SPAM

Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues anr at estadao.com.br
Wed Jan 8 13:27:01 -02 2003

Rubens Kuhl Jr writes:
> De fato, especialmente agora que há um DNS autoritativo BIND-compatível, que
> é GPL e ainda por cima parece que funciona bem:

Sem entrar no mérito da licença, só gostaria de notar que não existe nada de
especial em ser "BIND-compatível". Aliás, muito pelo contrário.

Mais um pouco de DJB advocacy (citando o próprio):

  "You say that you want ``native support'' for BIND's configuration files and
   zone files, not just a zone importer. Could you please explain what
   advantage this ``native support'' would have? If the BIND file formats are
   so wonderful, why does the BIND company keep changing them? I have a
   comparison table at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/blurb/easeofuse.html"

  "But the more important point, again, is that the clean file format in
   djbdns allows easy development of tools providing other user interfaces."

Abraço,

--
Adriano