[GTER] Krill available on the DigitalOcean Marketplace

Alex Band alex at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Apr 14 09:43:48 -03 2020

Prezados colegas,

We are delighted to announce that Krill is now available as a 1-Click App on the
DigitalOcean Marketplace. We thought it was particularly relevant to inform GTER
about this, as the Brazilian operator community is especially invested in the
use of Krill.

It was already easy to get started with Krill, our RPKI Certificate Authority
and publication server software, as you could install and run it from a clean
system with just seven commands.

Now we're taking ease of use and powerful management to the next level. The
1-Click App on the DigitalOcean Marketplace doesn't just deploy Krill, but adds
NGINX, Rsyncd, Docker, Gluster, automated TLS configuration, Prometheus
monitoring, log streaming and clustering capabilities out-of-the-box. A $5 a
month DigitalOcean Droplet is fine for most workloads, but you can scale up in a
few simple steps.

These capabilities are made possible by Krill Manager, a tool for running Krill
as a highly available scalable service with integration points for monitoring
and log analysis. Krill Manager offers an automated setup wizard and is able to
upgrade itself, as well as the components that it manages such as Krill, NGINX
and Rsync.

Watch the introduction video to the Krill 1-Click App on YouTube. It walks
through deploying the package on a Droplet, automatically requesting a Let's
Encrypt certificate, setting up delegated RPKI under an RIR and publishing ROAs
on our own server in just 6 minutes, real-time.

https://youtu.be/qunvH2t6rqU

Of course, for the Brazilian operator community the process is even simpler,
as you do not have to publish ROAs yourself but you can use the service that
NIC.br provides for this.

Try out the Krill 1-Click App by clicking this link:

https://marketplace.digitalocean.com/apps/krill?action=deploy&refcode=cab39584666c

For first time users, the link contains a referral code which gives you $100
60-day credit.

On behalf of the RPKI Team at NLnet Labs,

Alex