[GTER] Mikrotik IPv6 remote crash attack

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:09:34 -03 2019

Para quem não teve a oportunidade de acessar esta discussão no forum
hoje pela manha teve um post bem interessante e nada surpreendente. Vou
transcrever abaixo.

Outra informação é que aparentemente hoje lançaram alguma correção no
6.45beta22 (https://mikrotik.com/download/changelogs/testing-release-tree).

MikroTik acknowledged this issue on 2018-04-20.
To learn more about it: I am presenting at UKNOF 43 on 2019-04-09 (April
9th), and there will be a live stream.
MikroTik support was made aware of my intention to speak at UKNOF on
2019-03-04, which is when UKNOF accepted my talk. This gave MikroTik
over a month of notice that I intended to discuss these issues.
Since 2019-03-04 I have told MikroTik that I believe there is
exploitation in the wild already, and that they should reprioritise
their efforts to fix this.
I am not aware of any workarounds or mitigations any of us can use.
Despite my repeated pleas for this to be treated as a security issue,
everyone I have interacted with at MikroTik says the same. Even normis
has stated it is not a "vulnerability" in MikroTik's eyes — it is just a
"bug".

Fernando