[GTER] FQ-Codel Netflix QoE

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 20:37:24 -03 2019

Hello Bruno.

Here in Brazil we have a big problem.

There is a false premise scattered in the head of some network operators
that says "all that matters is bandwidth".
Those same guys are those who use edge routers at 110% of the nominal
capacity and find it nice to be talking about doing that.

They forget the problems of buffer-bloat, latency, jitter.

I believe this could influence this analysis that Netflix did.
Even why the performance bumps I commented usually happen even within the
network of some ISPs.

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer
Engº de Controle e Automação