[GTER] Fortinet bug - ate fiquei com vergonha.....

Francisco V Brasileiro francisco at brasileiro.adm.br
Fri Feb 5 11:35:23 -02 2016

Esse é um bug antigo.

https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/7000/000/sol7036.html
https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCsg86255

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/anthonyv/entry/497_the_number_of_the_it_beast2?lang=en

"The reason that 497  is a problem number is because of the use of a 32 bit
counter to record uptime.   If you record a *tick* for every 10 msec of
uptime, then a 32-bit counter will overflow after approximately 497.1
days.  This is because a 32 bit counter equates to 2^32, which can count
4,294,967,296 ticks.  Because a tick is counted every 10 msec, we create
8,640,000 ticks per day (100*60*60*24).  So after 497.102696 days, the
counter will overflow.   What happens next depends on good programming."

"A meta de uma discussão ou debate não deveria ser a vitória, mas o
progresso."
--Joseph Joubert, Pensées, 1842

Francisco Vasconcelos Brasileiro             francisco at brasileiro.adm.br
UIN: 6826562                                          Linux User: #101368