[GTER] Embratel / NET / CLARO contact point or LG

Kurt Kraut listas at kurtkraut.net
Tue Aug 9 12:34:15 -03 2016

Hi Lluis,

I wish I could provide you a contact for AS28573 but I face the same issue
and had no success in contacting them. They have a very abnormal BGP
routing behaviour. They have sticky routes (prefixes that were withdraw but
they still have it in their FIB for days), and they ignore more specific
prefixes (for instance, still send traffic to a /22 and ignore completely a
corresponding /24 in the global routing table).

This behaviour is so weird and so wide spread (in my perspective) that I
doubt it is human-controlled. I believe they have a very buggy routing
'intelligence' solution that is messing up with their routing.

If anyone here had any success in managing this situation with AS28573 (NET
Virtua) and AS4230 (Embratel), please share your wisdom.

Best regards,

Kurt Kraut