[GTER] L-100 com FreeBSD e FastNetMon

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 03:30:16 -02 2015

Hi!

Actually FastNetMon's cpu consumption depends on multiple factors:
1) Total number of hosts in network
2) Capture backend

If you are using sflow or netflow your scalability is really
unlimited. We have multiple installs with 100GE bandwidth which
handled by really old Celeron CPU's.

But of you want to listen traffic from the wire with mirroring it
become complicated. For simplicity you could calculate for each 10GE
fully utilized link you need 2 cores with 2.5Ghz+.

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov