[GTER] Usuários Accel-ppp, contato para troca de experiências

Osvaldo T Crispim Filho osvaldotcf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:36:50 -03 2015

Olha que legal, em L2: *vlans "automáticas"* e *ip unumbered (/32)*

*Do forum:*

osvaldotcf wrote:At some point of information, I understood that the
accel-ppp would create VLANs as user configuration or use IP Unnumbered.

Both your statements are true, but behavior depends of context

yes, accel may brings up vlans for you, this function is called "vlan
monitor", but it is utility function, to simplify your life
its function is monitoring some parent interface(s) and look if there is
VLAN packets and automatically create and delete vlan interfaces
so it is useful if you have tons of vlans

IP unnumbered is supported too, in such case customer gets IP with mask,
but on server side accel creates /32 route and acts as arp proxy
but it is useful in L2 environment, not sure which way it would work in L3

*Ainda do forum, L3:*

in case of accel, usually Option 82 is identifier of customer (but it can
be mac address too), so you have to construct predictable Username by
extracting Option 82 data (accel provides functions for that)
then accel may request Radius to authenticate and authorize this Username
or may use local chap-secrets file
Radius may provide IP address fro customer or just authenticate it and IP
will be allocated from static pool
if you used PPP before, almost same things are applied to IPOE
if Radius rejects Username then customer doesn't get IP and can't work in
your network
alternatively Radius may provide temporary IP, accel will put it into ipset
and you can setup http redirect to some informative or login page (this is
called L4 redirect)

osvaldotcf wrote:In L3, the accel-ppp control authentication and shapper or
anything else?

yes, mostly authentication and shapper

Ainda do forum, em L3:

The Mikrotik RB, as accel-ppp relay (IPoE), will send the configured IP on
RADIUS from accel-ppp to host1 and host2?yes, it is
my point of vision how it works:
1. host sends DHCP Request
2. rb mikrotik relays it to accel
3. accel requests RADIUS
4. if Access-Accept then sends DHCP Ack to host via rb mikrotik

Em 20 de abril de 2015 16:39, Marcos Vinícius <marcos.sousa.morais at gmail.com

--
             - Osvaldo T Crispim Filho -