[GTER] DNS Google

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 02:42:24 -03 2011

2011/8/14 Alexandre J. Correa - Onda Internet <alexandre at onda.psi.br>:
> Alguem sabe me dizer qual o daemon que os servidores de dns publico do
> google utilizam ?!

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq.html

Is Google Public DNS based on open source software, such as BIND?
No. Google Public DNS is Google's own implementation of the DNS standards.
Does Google Public DNS comply with the DNS standards set forth by the IETF?
Yes.
Are there plans to release Google Public DNS code as open source software?
At this time, there are no plans to open source Google Public DNS, but
we have detailed all the steps we have taken to increase speed,
security, and standards compliance.

E eles não respondem ao query de versão também:

$ host -c CHAOS -t txt version.bind 8.8.8.8
Using domain server:
Name: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Aliases:

Host version.bind not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

Já o a.dns.br responde:

$ host -c CHAOS -t txt version.bind 200.160.0.10
Using domain server:
Name: 200.160.0.10
Address: 200.160.0.10#53
Aliases:

version.bind descriptive text "NSD 3.2.8"

Rubens