[GTER] Ethernet - problema com tamanho minimo de cabo

Renato Frederick frederick at dahype.org
Fri Aug 29 10:59:04 -03 2008

Não que eu saiba... já tive esta dúvida e não obtive nenhuma resposta
definitiva, veja só:

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/network/cablng.htm

I can find no minimum length in the chunk of the specifications I have for
100BASE-TX cable.  I read one Internet source that said it was .5 meters
(1.6 ft.).  I have read others that said there was no limit.  I have a
2-foot crossover cable that works fine.  There are loopback plugs that have
almost no length.  I would tend to make such a cable at least two feet long
to permit some noise attenuation by the twisted pairs.  However, RJ-45 plugs
are cheap and one could experiment for a modest cost.

Particularmente tenho um cabo muito pequeno ligando um AP a uma tomada(menos
de 30cm) e nunca tive erros.

Patch cords sempre faço seguindo o padrão(evitando que a distancia estação
-> switch chegue perto ou ultrapasse os 100m).