[GTER] Fw: Initial network impacts post-US attack 3/19/03

doc at n3tworkz.com doc at n3tworkz.com
Thu Mar 20 03:33:00 -03 2003

fyi
[]s
le
===
doc at n3tworkz.com / http://www.n3tworkz.com

----- Original Message -----

:
: Some major new web sites such as CNN.COM, MSNBC.COM, etc have dropped most
: advertisements from their main web pages.  CNN.COM has switched to its
: "breaking news" format with a truncated main page.
:
: I have not had any difficulty reaching any major US news web site.  Matrix
: and Keynote public graphs show normal latency, drops, etc.  BGP, ASN data
: sources show normal number of prefixes, announcements, withdrawals.
:
: AT&T and Cable&Wireless public network statistic pages show almost all
: major links within normal levels.
:
: However, tonight I am not able to reach the few Iraq servers I know about.
: The servers were reachable on Monday, but I wasn't keeping constant track
: of those servers.  So I don't know when I could no longer reach them.
This
: may just be normal network flakiness, the Iraqi networks aren't very
: reliable on a normal day.
:
:
: