[GTER] NSI sends out unsolicited WHOIS data

Omar Kaminski ok at softone.com.br
Fri Jan 24 02:28:01 -02 2003

http://log.does-not-exist.net/archive-0301.html#03012315511043333464

NSI sends out unsolicited WHOIS data.

You can forget about WHOIS privacy problems, bulk access, and all the like:
Today, you get that information for free, from NSI. They just sent me 1.7MB
worth of e-mail addresses. Yes, that's right: I got a message from
customernotification at networksolutions.com with the subject ".ORG Domain Name
Update" (they are the registrar of record for does-not-exist.org). That
message contained about 86,000 e-mail addresses, from R over Z to _. One
address per line. Time to do a transfer.

Ross points to another recipient of the message.

Thu Jan 23 15:51:04 CET 2003 #